Director of Outreach.
The Director of Outreach is responsible for coordinating the outreach-related activities of Queen Street Baptist Church in conversation with the Senior Pastor and Deacons. “Sharing God’s saving love” is a part of our church mission and is a priority for our congregation. Outreach includes both provision of physical needs as well as evangelism.
The following are the regular duties of the Director of Outreach:
- Being aware of newcomers to Canada and assisting as appropriate.
- Organizing and leading the Saturday night service. This may include coordinating the meal during the months that Out of the Cold is not running.
- Providing pastoral care to those who attend the Saturday night service.
- Attending and participating in the Sunday morning worship service.
- Promoting the outreach vision to the congregation of Queen Street Baptist Church.
- Giving oversight (but not directly leading) the outreach activities of Queen Street Baptist Church.
- Children’s ministry could be part of the position.
- Regular communication with the Senior Pastor.
- Other outreach-related activity in conversation with the Senior Pastor and Deacons.
- The Outreach Director will report to the Board of Deacons.
This position is for 20 hours a week and will be paid approximately $20,000 per year.
Queen Street Baptist Church is a multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in the heart of St Catharines. We are uniquely placed to reach both the urban professionals and the homeless of St Catharines. We have a long history of hosting Out of the Cold and we have a good reputation with the poor in our community. You can find out more information at www.queenstbaptist.org.
Please pass on resumes to the church office by April 15, 2019:
Queen Street Baptist Church
57 Queen St
St Catharines, ON L2R 5G8